Coconut Oil is my favorite (and most heavily used) beauty product! I use it for just about everything and I’m loving the results! I have been able to save myself hundreds of dollars on skin moisturizers and hair conditioners with one big $25.00 jar of organic coconut oil alone. Twenty-five bucks might seem expensive, but if you use it as often as I do, not only will it last longer than you think, but you’ll be saving yourself so much on other products you no longer need!
Coconut Oil Is Amazing For Your Skin
The oil works wonders on dry or damaged skin and is easily absorbed. Coconut oil forms a protective barrier to hold in moisture and also penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin to help keep connective tissues strong and supple. It also helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It aids in exfoliating the outer layer of dead skin cells, making the skin softer to the touch.
Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, and other skin infections.
How to Use it
- Try using a little dab as an after-shower moisturizer once or twice a week on your whole body like I do, or on particularly dry patch of skin. You will immediately notice how hydrated your skin looks and feels – works brilliantly to re-hydrate your skin after a day in the sun too!
- As a massage oil! In my opinion, no lotion feels better than coconut oil! It leaves the skin smooth and silky and sexy hydrated! You may come to find that this lovely product has a number of enjoyable uses in the bedroom. (Not safe with latex.)
- As deodorant! A small amount can be used to give you a sweet, tropical scent all day long while hydrating your pits!
- Mix with nutmeg and use on blemishes – leave on for about 15-20 minutes then wash off.
- On new tattoos to help with healing.
- Mix with baking soda for a facial scrub that moisturizes as well.
- Massage into fingertips to soothe and prevent hangnails and ingrown nails.
- Using your ring finger, massage a drop under your eyes to prevent wrinkles and sagging.
A Little Love For Your Scalp
Coconut oil can be used to treat dry and damaged hair as well. It is one of the best natural remedies for hair. It helps speed up healthy growth of hair and also gives a shiny complexion. Coconut oil provides the essential proteins required for nourishing hair damaged from sun-exposure or environmental chemicals.
How to Use it
- Regular massaging of the head with coconut oil ensures that your scalp is free of dandruff, lice and lice eggs and also gives a healthy shine. Don’t use too much (a light dip of my finger into the jar is usually plenty) or you’ll end up with greasy hair, play around with different amounts and your hair will love you for it!
- As Hair Gel/Defrizzzer. Just rub a little between your palms and either scrunch into hair (for curly hair) or finger comb in through from scalp to ends (for wavy/straight hair).
Other Uses For Coconut Oil
- Dab a little on a canker sore to relieve the pain and speed up healing.
- Use it to condition wooden cutting boards.
- In place of shaving cream.
- Add a few drops to your bath for a moisturizing soak.
- A drop as makeup remover.
- To bug bites or bee stings to ease the pain and help healing.
- Mixed with peppermint, rosemary, lemon balm, and tea tree oil it makes an excellent insect repellent.